Monday, February 13, 2006

Poker Stars $1.12 Million Tourney Tonight

Just finished the above event now in roughly 1700th position

Had a very good start tonight, had a fish push me all in with A4 on an ace high flop and i had the AQ, from his pre-flop play i knew i was ahead and my AQ held up nicely to double me up very early, from there i built on that on got into the top 50 or so (out of 5,500) with over 10,000 chips when i made the 2nd nut flush and i had a fella bet the second two pair into me twice.

From there i had a pretty uneventful hour, literally hovering around the 9-10k mark for probably over an hour, then comes the fateful table move (one of my most hated things in a MTT) putting me at a table with guys who have very large stacks and unlike the last table knowing nothing about them, from there the cards just kept seeming to go against me, when in SB twice i pick up average hands (A3 and K10), made a small raise and the BB goes all in both times with AK

so im down to 5,500 from my 10,000 and i got the fuking hand which knocked me out from the monte carlo tourney yesterday and this tourney last week, yes you guessed it, AK again. make the standard 4 times BB raise from late position to 2000 (from the BB and of course the chip leader goes all in, I have to call and he's got pocket tens

a ten on the flop sealed my fate and left me quite bitter at the end of it all, i dunno what mistakes i made and felt i deserved to go a lot further in the tourney, i suppouse it really is the life of these 4,000++ entry tourneys, still feel rather harshly treated by it though esp tonight after last night's antics in the EPT qualifier, they're not exactly bubble finishes but they are hurting just as much, but this really is the nature of the beast in these really big MTT's

sorry am rambling, but i feel despite my every intention (bankroll allowing) to play in this every week, that it is going to be a very very frustrating event, let's hope i can crack through into that top 10% of the field soon and go very deep in the tourney!!

so 1700th out of 5500, remarkably similiar to my placing in last year's WSOP main event (14ooth out of 5500). Although i'm sure the WSOP prob hurt more, this one is more fresh in the memory, and esp right now it's hurting a fair bit too!

Let's hope for better things in the new poker week!

gl len

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mate, we've never played or met before but I came to your blogg through the Hectorjelly one.

I'm going to make a few comments, seeing as you state you're not sure where you went wrong. I'm no expert, I may add.


"from there the cards just kept seeming to go against me, when in SB twice i pick up average hands (A3 and K10), made a small raise and the BB goes all in both times with AK"

Why didn't you throw away your hands after you were raised all in?

"...yes you guessed it, AK again. make the standard 4 times BB raise from late position to 2000 (from the BB and of course the chip leader goes all in, I have to call and he's got pocket tens"

Have you ever considered varying your raises? If you make a 'standard' raise each time then next you make a 'non standard' raise I'll know you don't have AK....

ATB - ALearner

 

Post a Comment

<< Home